Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Yang Ming/Carlos Pueblo


Yang Ming/Carlos Pueblo

Get to know Yang Ming on my way to York from Oxford, England.
We met at the platform while I asked her the right train in Mandarin
she instantly recognized my Taiwanese accent. She brought two of
her physician cousins from Nanjing, China to her graduation ceremony
in Birmingham. She has already worked in her hometown Chengzhou,
Henan at a travel agency. She was very interested in my knowledge of
Henan and flipped her i-phone to check a county where was the home
town of my classmate at high school in Taipei, Ling Chang. She finds
out that county is in another famous city Handan of Hebei Province.
Handan was the capital of Chao during the War states era before the
Century for about 250 years while Ling Chang, under an old name Xu
Chang, was the capital of Wei Dynasty during the Three Kingdoms Era
about 220,D.C. Now I know that her hometown is the current provincial
capital of Henan.

We continued our conversation on the train for many subjects of her
Interests. She has a boyfriend of the engineer major who is studying
at the University of Colorado in Denver, Colorado. I corrected her at
Boulder, Colorado yet she insisted. Before I wrote this journey, I did
check with Google and she was right. The CU does have a campus in
Denver provided Ph.D. programs for engineers. I explained to her about
the pension systems in the U.S., the welfare program for the poverty,
and the Obamacare were her interests. I did mention to her that I couldn’t
get any unemployment benefit under the current unemployment system
because I was under commission base compensation. She says that she
is also commission base compensation as well; therefore, I advise her
saving money for the retirement.

It was very short conversation on the train and finally, I asked her permission
as my daughter and she agreed in whole heart. One of the cousins took
photos for us to remember. She gave me a postcard of an old street scenery
of Luoyang, also an ancient Capital of several Chinese dynasties. I hope that
she would read my blog in the future and keep in touch.


No comments: