Monday, October 8, 2018

Visiting Bristol, England/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting Bristol, England/Carlos Pueblo

Bristol is located on the southwest of England, a lovely city rich in
history. I was recommended by a local guest at Manchester hostel
kitchen and sanctioned by Pei-ven at Birmingham to make such visit.
I came to hostel through a river bank to the Castle Park and got lost
at the hilly alley nearby. On the second day, I marched to the City Center
to visit significant view of the city; then on the third day, Sheila took me
to the famous Clifton Suspension Bridge; on the fourth day, I accompanied
Dorien to register to her physician and to visit the city Library.

A gentleman advised me take the river bank to the Castle Park due to the
new construction on main streets. The river bank is called the floating
harbor, one of the two rivers concurrent at the city and the other is the
River Avon. It was very busy traffic during the wind sails time of Europe
to the rest of the world. The ocean liners could follow the rivers to the
city. Captain Cabot and his colleges had shipped more than half a million
slaves from here to America. I reached to the Castle Park, a small park still
preserved the original Castle of a lower rank of Royalty and a lovely park
with an extension of castle wall to the streets where I got lost. My hostel
is on the corner of a church called St. John on the Wall, there is actually a
wall on a side of the church. There is a Palestine Museum caught my eyes.
Several Chinese restaurants and grocery stores are located near the hostel.

I marched to the City Center on the next morning through the Old City, a
very well maintained city square with several erected persons of distinguish.
I saw my first view of plaque of memorial of local to the Burma Conflict
1941-1945. It has reminded me many things of the historical study of myself
about that conflict involving the British, American, and Chinese forces versus
the Japanese Imperial Army. Japanese was one against three at that time.
Then, I came to the floating harbor again and visited the beautiful College
Green surrounded by the beautiful Bristol Cathedral, Central Library, the
City Hall, the University of Bristol Tower, and the Bristol Museum & Art
Gallery.

It was raining, yet my march went on. I reached the top of the Cabot Tower on
the Brandon Hill. It is a huge park with green everywhere. Captain Cabot was
the famous British slave trade figure. I am going to travel to the Caribbean
again very soon and I’ll have an additional knowledge of the previous slave
trade history. The figure of Bristol only was 500,000 plus.
  


No comments: