Friday, October 5, 2018

Pick up language text books again/Carlos Pueblo


Pick up language text books again/Carlos Pueblo

My brother Yancy plays ping pong at a community center for years
and recently I desire to practice my ping pong back hand skill in order
to face my Spanish daughter, Sheila R, in the future; therefore, I ask
him to help me to join his group. He, in addition to ping pong, enrolls
me to a Japanese beginner’s class at the center. Yesterday was the
first day class and I found a super Japanese teacher, David Nagamoto
a retire language professor of the University of Houston. I also noticed
an advanced French class at noon on the same day. The teacher is also
a well learned person, Monsieur Toby J. Freeman whose class involving
French literature which interested me very much. I decide to enroll
Another French beginner class on Monday and continue sitting in his
classes. The center office informs me that there is a Spanish class at
the beginning of 2019 and the instructor is a Mexican. I am going to
pick up my language text books from my book shelf again.

On travelling, English is sufficient nowadays almost anywhere in the
world. I can get by with no difficulty in Japan, France, and Germany,
etc., because the young generation speak the language after the
British and American dominant in the world continuously for quite
sometime., however, with individual language capability would make
it closer with the local and we both appreciated it. The community
center has provided such an environment to learn languages free of
charge is really a tax revenue well expanded.

I love to learn language especially after I am able to read the literature,
i.e. newspaper or internet. I can see the beauty of languages with
thinker’s thought of the world. A classmate at the advanced French asks
the teacher about the contemporary French writer for the time being.
I learn from him that are from Quebec, Canada.   


No comments: