Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Pick’em 2018/Carlos Pueblo


Pick’em 2018/Carlos Pueblo

My friend M.S. Lee went on vacation and before he left, he called
Amy to invite me to pick’em, his persimmon. Recently I learn that
my annual pick’em host, Wu’s family, have sold their house and moved
to California in order to be closed to their adult children and my favorite
childhood activity will be decreased from now on. Lee’s persimmon is
in the heart shape like one of the Wu’s tree. They are not the Fuyu type
and needed to be treated and soft then eatable. Persimmon is one of
my favorite fruits and I love to pick’em like mango, peaches, oranges,
etc.

I was lost when I turned to the old avenue of Cypresswood because
the entire section of Austin Freeway is under reconstruction. Streets
have been messed around without any signs and also I have been out
of touch for years on the newly development of Houston suburban north
of 1960. Amy was very patient for my struggle out of various subdivisions.
It was such a hustle and I ignored the fact that might be better waiting for
another week. I got more than a half of the fruits from the tree.

I had to treat the damaged fruits to make dry persimmons and hanging
with the poles. The mosquitos just won’t leave me alone and finally I found
a small bottle grass oil with strong fragrant to spell them away. Next morning
, I carried my wash up backpack to deliver several bags of persimmons to
my friends in the neighbor to thank them for their fruits gift during the year.

No comments: