Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Palestine Museum of Bristol, England/Carlos Pueblo


Palestine Museum of Bristol, England/Carlos Pueblo

Palestine Museum of Bristol, England is a very small function yet
with a significant mark on the map. It is located outside of the
St. John on the Wall not far from my hostel and the Castle Park of
the Old City. I was curious when passing by and entered for a visit.
The Museum is on the 2nd floor and the first floor is a vegan restaurant.
The museum is only open during the weekend while the restaurant
Is open four hours a day. After listening to my visiting purpose, the
restaurant owner invited me to go up stair to visit the facility. After
the brief visit of the museum, I came back to the restaurant and chatted
with the employee about the reverse osmosis apparatus of their new
purchase for the making of a Japanese Kombucha tea which took a while
for me to figure out what it was.

I guess that the young lady up stair is a teacher of a day care center and
the museum is a community center during the weekend. I saw some
chairs for children and books on the shelves. I greeted the young lady
in Spanish after I learned that she just came from Spain. I didn’t stay
very long because that the facility was very different in what I thought
of a museum. I came down to the restaurant to continue my conversation
of reverse osmosis with the owner. I have had some experience of selling
and serving the filter since 1992. I also fully understand the principle of
the purification of such drinking water. They were surprised that an old
oriental guy walked in and talked about the reverse osmosis in confidence.
They are making the Kombucha, a kind of fermented tea with some alcohol
content and strange sour taste. Eventually, I find out that is a  tea of sea
weed. Kombu is sea weed in Japanese and cha is the tea. It might have
something with Manchuria because it is also called on that name. It is
costed 2 British Pounds for a small bottles. Jars of fermented products are
stored on the shelves of the restaurant. I had had three vegan meals during
my stay in Bristol.

One day, I went to the Clifton Suspension Bridge with Sheila and took her
to the museum restaurant for a plate of vegan food. She is a vegetarian
and enjoyed it. On the next day, I tried to inform the owner what I found
on the Kanji edition of Kombucha; however, I missed my afternoon partner
and the next day was my day of checking out. I left before the restaurant’s
open schedule.  

No comments: