Saturday, October 6, 2018

Visiting the University of Birmingham Campus/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting the University of Birmingham Campus/Carlos Pueblo

There is no way for me to march to see the University of Birmingham
Campus from the city center of Birmingham. Pei-ven who just finished
her master degree in architecture from this University showed me how
to take the train. It is only one station away toward the international
airport. I was attracted by an unique sport called the netball, the
predecessor of the modern day basketball. There are ring and net on
the pool without bouncing board and can only pass the ball during the
match. Obviously, there were matches on that morning for high school
girls from nearby cities.

I walked straight into the campus and taking pictures of what I saw.
The engineering school, the physics school, and the chemistry school, etc.
I came to the student center and rested. An attractive high tower erected
in front of the campus and all buildings are located harmoniously among
gardens with last stage of the summer roses. I hated to leave; however,
it was a commute day and I was not quite sure if I could stay a bit longer.
Some prospect high school students were there in the late morning to
visit the campus arranged by the University.

On the train, I met a family from China. The parents came to visit their son
at the Ph.D. program in electrical engineering. I showed my admiration of
their effort and wished him well and successful. I always admire students
studying abroad to have their future opportunity expanded. It’s why I love
to visit famous campus and getting closed to the academic than anything
else.

As usual, I dropped by the markets near by the central train station for
my cooking at the hostel. I had done several cooking ever since I checked
in in Birmingham, the chicken soup with vegetables, pompanos, and more
chicken skeleton bone soup with more vegetables lasted for three nights.


No comments: