Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Leisure tour of Oxford City Center/Carlos Pueblo


Leisure tour of Oxford City Center/Carlos Pueblo

The city center of Oxford is very unique, a college town and full of
the worldwide admirers. A little bit more than 3 years since I came
to visit the city in a day, I always like to have another opportunity to
revisit the city. Mr. Su, the young engineering student, guided me
through the city where I repeatedly circling around this time with
joy. I have found the clock tower, the old square behind the bus
station, the suspended alley of the city hall, colleges and nice gardens,
while I have missed the spring cherry blossom on the edge of an open
field while I chatted with a couple of the U.K. fans from Dallas, Texas.
In addition to the city center, I did march out of the city limit, across
two or similar one creek of the upstream of the Thames to observe
the rowing sport.

Of course, it is because of the fame of the city. Oxford maintains a
very lovely architecture of the past and the colleges are among them
with beautiful court yards full of gardens and greens. I feel that this time
that colleges are more exclusive that visitors must obtain permit to enter,
i.e., I would not able to run into Dr. Laow in front of a college building like
my last visit; however, I still had a very good time. I believe that I make a
turn after the Queen’ College to enter a garden like park to the front of
the main building. A group of Chinese physicians were taking photos of
the college and waiting for the opening of breakfast in the restaurant
where Harry Potter dined on the famous movie. An open field with
horses is in the front. I walked along the path to another part of the city
center.

It is very easy to bring back my memory when I come to the center with
many heads on the wall. There is a church inside or something significant
inside the square where one day I did see a group of students wearing
caps and gowns for the commencement ceremony with their family.
Oxford University is famous of producing many politicians who help the
Kings and Queens to rule the Empire.

There is a street where the city proudly posted as one of the most beautiful
European street full of innovated stores, churches, and historical architects.
I was very fortunate this time with 3 nights stay at the city.





No comments: