Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Twice march across Magdalen Bridge/Carlos Pueblo


Twice march across Magdalen Bridge/Carlos Pueblo

Magdalen Bridge is on the River Cherwell separated the Oxford City
Center and a suburban area. I have marched across twice across the
Bridge during my stay. First, there is an old Magdalen College on the
High Street and a private high school with a pretty flowering garden
across the Street. There is also a set up for rowing rental by a coffee
restaurant. People were sitting on the benches by the street for a
break. There is also an internet fame gift shop which gathered many
visitors for shopping right across a bench by the College. An old man
was selling his plants on the Bridge.

I turned to the first street on the left toward a gathering local youths
on a huge park after a square. There are several oriental eatery on the
street. I even saw an English ate sweet rice covered by a bamboo leaf
and found the store. It was a kind of festival on the park which gathered
many youngsters with their parents for some activities including water
splashing and cross country march, etc. There were also bystanders like
me sitting on the ground to watch and enjoying a brief sunshine under
a threat of rain in the fall. I walked back to a Subway restaurant to be
settled with a vegie delight sandwich. My server is a young lady from
Timor Island. We had a very good conversation; therefore, I came back
to see her and missed.

The next day, I started again to make a left turn on a bridge near the hostel
to see more of the upstream of the Thames. I came to another township
and another river with rowing activity. I decided to march again toward
anywhere. It is not on the map for the visitors. On my side of march, there
is a huge field full of seasons birds, Swans, geese, ducks, etc. and horsing
farms with horses covered by cloths. There are housing boats pier on this
side. I can see the rooms division of the boats. A coach was on a bike yelling
to rowers on a narrow boat which was on training. I reached to another
bridge with a rowers club and turned back. The march was way more than
my daily 2.2 miles.

I passed by the beautiful and busy City Center and understood that I was at
the end of my lovely visit of Oxford. I did have an interesting conversation
with several guests including Louise about the international politics, about
the minimum wage, etc. They are all from foreign countries and coming here
to seek their future opportunity.     

No comments: