Friday, October 19, 2018

Visiting York, England/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting York, England/Carlos Pueblo

Yorkshire is one of the most recommended to visit in the United
Kingdom. We can easily understand the history of this great Empire
by the well preservation of architecture, streets design, and
illustrations., i.e. the Clifford’s tower for the Romans era; the Jorvik
Viking Center for the Viking invaders after Romans; the eldest son of
William, the conqueror; the Micklegate Bar of the civil war;  the
distinguish Cathedral York Minster for the medieval era; Monkgate
for Richard III and more. These significant scenery are all within
working distance and very easy to approach. I also had visited the
city wall twice, the campus of the famous University of York and I
took a day off to visit the city of Leeds.

Constantine acclaimed his Romans Emperor with the support of his
father’s legion at York when he died. He went back to Rome to square
of the interior difference and settled at the east currently day Istanbul,
Turkey. I am satisfied for now my historical knowledge of him, his
Eastern Romans Empire, Byzantine, Ottomans Empire, and Turkey and
I have had the connection. I still like to know the definition of Renaissance
In connection to him. There is a Clifford’s Town, the remain of the Romans
Castle now called the York Castle on top of a small hill surrounded by
the Museum, the courthouse, and city hall, etc.

The Viking, current day Denmark, invaded York and England after expelled
the Romans. Jorvik is pronounced as York. In the U.K. we can see some tall
and blonde population, I think that they are related to the Vikings or Dan.

Now, move to Richard III. I just learn that he is the last English King residing
at York. I need to know the difference between the Lion King Richard and
him. His death was the end of the famous Rose War. There is a small museum
on Monkgate where I didn’t go inside yet passed by twice while I walked on
the city wall. The Micklegate bar is near where I stayed. On the wall, there is
a plate described how the gate was saved during the civil war of England. We
know the story of Oliver Cromwell and the movie about him during the conflict
between the Parliamentarians and the Royalists. The Parliamentarians did surround
York and forced the Royalists to surrender in order to save the Micklegate. There
were residents on the gate right after WWI. Now, it is kept as a small museum.

York Minster is gorgeous and I’ll have a piece to describe it. It is a Catholic Cathedral.  

No comments: