Thursday, October 11, 2018

Witness the British health care/Carlos Pueblo


Witness the British health care/Carlos Pueblo

Dorien is a Belgium Flemish who is attending the University of West
England at Bristol, England. I met her parents at the hostel one
Morning and she then moved to our room the next day before her
school started. One day, I ran into her down a street and
accompanied her to find an attending physician for the enrollment
of the British Health Care system. We asked a drug store at a shopping
center and found a good size clinic on the second floor. She was required
to have a resident affidavit from the hostel before her longer stay at
a resident near by the campus. The hostel clerk printed a paper for her
to use.

Patients were waiting at a waiting room with a number to be called.
I saw a  senior nurse act like an assistant physician like in the States
to pre-screen the patient. Physicians were arranged in separate room
to see their patients. British healthcare system is admired by the
progressive party in the U.S. It is called Pay as you go system, a national
healthcare system. All of the European Union nations have the same kind
practice.  I must admit that the health insurance has given me a headache
after I lost my full time job in the early 21st century.

After her completion of her requirement, we went to the city library for
Her checking out a book and I used the internet to send an e-mail home.
She went on having a bicycle ride to her campus and met her future landlord.
I missed my opportunity to adopt her as my daughter.

No comments: