Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Marching to Clifton Suspension Bridge with Sheila/Carlos Pueblo


Marching to Clifton Suspension Bridge with Sheila/Carlos Pueblo

A smiling pretty young lady ran into me in front of a restaurant by
the Floating Harbor across a small statue of Captain Cabot across
the water. She asked me if I was from the Rock & Bowl, the hostel.
She saw me at the kitchen and I asked her where she is going to.
Clifton Suspension Bridge here we came, marching to the Avon
Gorge with Sheila, a Spanish girl just finished her English project and
going home to the Southern Spain on that evening. She was equipped
with an i-phone and I thought that I could manage the long distance
march.

We’re on the west direction toward the Clifton Village on the River.
During the wind power sail era, Captain Cabot had moved half a
million from the City Center of Bristol to the America, we called it
the British Slave Trade in history, of course, there were some other
ports to be functioned for such purposes such as Liverpool, etc. Even
though she had the GPS and I had a city map, I still was accustomed
to ask people on the streets to make sure our direction. We passed
by the famous ocean liner sail with the city’s name now a museum
by the river bank and a bridge to be across to the north bank in order
to get up to the hill like gorge to reach the Suspension Bridge.

We passed by a hilly subdivision of Clifton Village and we were very
close. The suspension bridge is not in a big scale like the San Francisco’s
and yet very scary if we looked down to the river bottom. Pedestrians
are allowed to walk across freely yet the vehicles are under control of
numbers to limit the weight burden of the bridge. We walked across to
the southern end and came right back to enter the beautiful green park
with a pretty church and an Observatory on the Observatory Hill. We
went directly downhill toward the Brandon Hill and I encouraged her to
climb up to the Cabot Tower and see the entire city.

I brought her to the Palestine Museum to have a vegan plate for a late
Lunch. She has been a vegetarian practitioner for years. I gave her Neal
Barnard’s Reversed Diabetes for a future reference on vegie diet. She
took me to a mall for some table tennis, Ping Pong. I wished I knew that
I would play with a pretty girl with a strong back hand during these days.
Sheila is one of my adopted daughter during these 4 weeks stay in England.



No comments: