Saturday, October 13, 2018

Peiven/Carlos Pueblo


Peiven/Carlos Pueblo

Peiven is a daughter whom I have adopted during my stay in
Birmingham, England. She has just finished her master degree
In Architecture and at a practical training in the city before
returning to Malaysia. I feel the kinship with her due to her
speaking of Amoy language, my mother tongue. She has an
excellent language training since her childhood, fluent in
Mandarin Chinese and traditional Kanji calligraphy, an under
graduate degree in Japan, English, and Malays, a common
language between the neighboring Indonesia. Not only this
talent, she is young, kind, and pretty most of all. I am very sure
that she and her younger brother will eventually inherit their
father’s construction business.

She recommended me visit several cities in England such as
York and Newcastle, reinforced some visits to the other such
Bristol and Leeds, of course, I still missed sever of her advise
due to tight schedule. I’ll wait for the spring of 2019. I met her
at the kitchen of the hostel at which we prepared our meals.
She would prepare some instant noodles and dumplings, etc.
I invited her and some other fellow guests to share my excess
chicken soups. One day I bought a box of three pompanos from
an indoor fish market which she referred it to me nearby the
train station. I cooked them on a hot pan till the surface turned
brown. We all liked them. After that, I kept on searching for
something to cook when I came back from the station and I bought
three chicken skeletons, very unusual in the U.S. market, for a
British pound. I prepared a whole pot, might be a whole gallon
of chicken vegetable soup for noodle, tomato, potato, cauliflower,
cucumber, carrot, etc. She even knows what we call left over food
in Taiwanese custom. We finished that pot in three meals. I appreciate
her friendship and her like of my cooking.

I also adopted another two lovely daughters after Sheila and Peiven
during my trip, one Chinese and the other Argentine. I shall introduce
to all my readers later. After 10 more days, I am going to visit my
75 plus daughters on board of a cruise ship in the Caribbeans.




No comments: