Friday, August 26, 2016

Back to back cruise trip to Alaska, 2016/Carlos Pueblo

Back to back cruise trip to Alaska, 2016/Carlos Pueblo

While I was in Europe reading cruise promotion, I noticed a back to back
cruise trip to Alaska from Vancouver, Canada to Seward, Alaska, then
coming back from Seward to Vancouver for two weeks total. There are
several seaports along the inside passage in Alaska including Ketchikan,
Juneau, Skagway, and three glaciers total with 4 visits. With this back to
back, I can utilize 4 deposits with two occupancy on each stateroom with
a $400 saving. Alaska is my favorite place to visit, a pretty scenery in the
spring with all the blooming flowers and un-melted snow on the top of
mountains. I have been to Alaska 4 times three with cruises and 1 land
trip north to Fairbank, Alaska and I think that the state is one of the most
beautiful states in the U.S. All nature indeed.

I am getting very good at booking the cruise trip and two or three travel
agencies have had my record for quick purchase. I try to avoid the peak
season of the cruise line, for instance, if I wait one more week at the
beginning of the summer vacation, I must pay additional premium for
tickets. I like cruise trip because it fit my interest to go around to look and
view the scenery of the harbor and locality. I shall have a taste of new place
and excitement. After the cruise fare, I quickly purchased two pairs of planes
tickets from Houston to Vancouver and reserved a small inn in Vancouver
near by the city hall. The rest was very easy because I was on my 8th and 9th
trip with this cruise line and familiar with the setup of the ship.

We agree now better than before that we’re not going to spend extra money
for land excursion which is my frugal way of traveling. I would rather utilize the
most facility on the ship, walking along the harbor, small downtown, nearby
parks and looking on the shops. Most of the Caribbean merchants follow the
ships to Alaska for the season, suddenly those sleepy winter frontier towns
becoming busy when several ships arrive in town simultaneously. I enjoy the
foods and restaurants, free music performers, live shows, and all the good
facility on board. This is much better life then my wondering in Europe and Japan.

June is at the end of spring in Houston; however, the spring just starts in Alaska.
All kinds of pretty flowers, snow cap mountains, rapid creeks and rivers, and
school of whales. The cruise changed itinerary on the way back from Seward to

visit an Indian native village which was quite an experience for me.

No comments: