Sunday, August 21, 2016

Visiting river cruise ship Maria Theresa/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting river cruise ship Maria Theresa/Carlos Pueblo

I was invited to see briefly of the docking ship Maria Theresa on the north
bank side walk of River Main , after my early morning walk to the eastern
end of the pedestrian and back. It is a very gorgeous ship indeed. The ship
engine was still running and the passengers were coming down from the ship
and forming three groups for land excursions, one for Heidelberg, one for
Mainz, and one for the old town Frankfurt by foot. I was chatting with a
Japanese lady reporter for her documentary project and the tall handsome
Captain walking down for some reasons overheard my admiration and invited
me to come aboard.

I begged her highness pardon for my poor European history background and
could not recognize her portrait on the entrance wall facing a luxury restaurant.
Now, after several researches that I knew she was a genuine Empress of her time
In the Roman Empire and her daughter was the famous Queen of France, Marie
Antoinette of the Petit Trianon of the Chateau Versailles. The interior structures,
furniture, and decoration are luxury and elegant for any comparison with the
ocean liners which I have been with, of course, the cost is almost ten time higher.
The owner of the ship, Uniworld, is an American company doing business on
European rivers.

I made my exit and attempted to catch up with the Old Town group passing by
the street with plenty of blooming roses on the patios and small flower beds on
the first floor. The guide is a Portugal lady with head carve with no veil and a long
piece of cloth which I cannot find the proper name to it. She is very well learned
person of her job. She took the group touring the old city hall, old churches especially
the one 1848 unification conference held, the square of all significant architecture
of the ancient time. There were tourists all over the old town by that time that she
needed to compete with the noisy environment. We went to a market and tasted
some sweets and used the toilet. Eventually, I got lost with the group and went on
to have my own wondering of the old town.

I admire this lady guide for her knowledge and her kindness toward the weaker group
of the society. She took us to witness a soup kitchen in function at a church, one of
a couple from southern California immediately recognizing the church because her
routine donation for their good deed. The church provides breakfast for the needy in
the morning. She also mentioned that the city open the station for the homeless during
the severe cold weather and she also said that was not right for any person working all
their life and end up without a shelter at old age.


No comments: