Thursday, August 25, 2016

Visiting Wiesbaden/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Wiesbaden/Carlos Pueblo

Wiesbaden is located in the central west part of Germany in the area where
River Main enters River Rhine, is the capital of Hesse State, and is also a part of
the Frankfurt Rhine Main Region. The population of the city itself is about 28
millions while the Region is 5.8 million. This city is very beautiful, of course, I
have only visited total three cities in the area and Wiesbaden is the prettiest
one of all. During the War, it had been escaped severe bombardment and
becoming the U.S. headquarter of military commend. First Armored Division
had been stationed here, trained here and practiced in Iraq during the first Iraq
War, until 2011. There are still 19,000 U.S. residents living here today. I like to
mention that both Germany and Japan pay for the expanse of U.S. military cost
for the station in each country and I don’t know about South Korea in order to
keep former Soviets and current day Russians invasion. I came to this visit not
for the military significance but for the Kaiser Friedrich Theme, the hot spring
spa palace of Kaiser Wilhelm II now opened to general Public.

I must admit that I don’t have very much time to enjoy the pretty scenery of
the city. I did pass a pretty public park with several gardens of roses and peonies.
I did pass one large church with a bus ticket office for me to get a map. I walked
toward the hot spring spa place. Finally, I reached the place according the road
direction yet I was not sure where the spa was. I was struggling in the area, I did
find that small cap of hot spring fountain with continuous steam coming out. I
sit on a wooden bench and circled the area several and all German pointed into
the same direction. Finally, I gave up because I was not that enthusiastic with the
hot spring bath anyway and I didn’t do it in Japan as a matter of fact. I walked back
toward a busy business streets and found a Cantonese Restaurant with a menu of
egg fried rice, I was still very frugal in Europe. The host recommended me go back
to the spa where was not far away from the restaurant. She also told me the fare.
The Kaiser’s spa was right next to the bench where I sit. I thanked my cataract surgeon
and his nurse for their excellent job on my left eyes operation when I visited them
yesterday. I could see clearly at bath with 2.0 vision on both eyes, of course, there was
another right eye surgeon 18 years before.

I did stopped by the famous red brick Market Church. It is located next to a large business
center. There are so many beautiful churches in Europe which have indicated how powerful
the church is during the time. Most of the big churches are still maintaining well for the current
and future generation. I like to indicate a city called Hochst on the west bank of River Nidda
a branch of River Main and joins to River Rhine. I used to apply a sales job in Taiwan for a
leather dye staff for a company called Hoechst in 1973 and was not selected. There was a
touching story about the whole story. I ran into the big boss of that Hoechst Taiwan Project some 30 years later in my Hersey Park walk. This gentleman remembered the young man who
interviewed me.





No comments: