Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Visiting Reims, France/ Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Reims, France/ Carlos Pueblo

Paris Megabus station is inside of a park of the north bank of Bercy of the River of
Seine. I took the early bus to Reims east and north east of Paris. It is said Reims-
Champampagne which was attracted to me for the drink. Yesterday, I checked the
city on Google and found that Reims is inside the region of Alsace-Champagne-
Ardene-Lorrine. Alsace-Lorraine is famous for la demiere classe, the last class, by
Alphonse Daudet that I was taught in my junior high school in Taiwan. The story
was about the last French class of an elementary school after the 1870 Franco-
Prussia War, of course I was not aware of the relationship when I visited the
city neither of the war, Bismarck, Napoleon III, French Revolution, and of course
the German surrender of WW II at Reims, France.

The bus driver let us off at the high speed rail station, Garf de Champagne Ardene
TGF, it is about 3 miles from the city center. My strategy was taking the light rail to
enter the city to the final stop and walked back to the city center which worked well
for me. The train works as a street car and be on and off at each stop of your desire.
I remembered the key points on the route of this classical city of more than 2,000
years.  Residential and commercial areas are on each side of the street with the rail
tract. I was very impressed for its cleans and beauty. Most of the small shops were
run by immigrants who spoke English well and I had no problem to deal with them.
There was a kind of cherry blossom which we called it wild cherry in Texas and red
bud in Washington, D.C. area. Wild cherry is not a kind of cherry and that is why I
actually do not like it. I call it Confucius hate because he hates the violet color steal
the glory of the red color while the song of Cheng violate the harmony of music.
The wild cherry flower has a slightly pink violet as I think of.

I passed by and identified later the big church of Façade de Bacilica of St. Remi, one
Of the famous churches of Reims, yet not many visitor on that day of my visit. I was
Wondering if I should take the tram again and attempted to find a toilet continue on
 my way. I saw dahlia flowers in a flowers shop. I came to the rail road station of Reims,
a major hub of French railroad system. I stopped by a restaurant on the city center
square for my lunch and it was near by a golden statue of victories. Restaurants were
full and the city was very busy. I circles the huge cathedral, Notre-Dame de Reims, took
pictures on every corner for my future enjoyment and entered the church. Joan de Arc
is inside the church and outside on the ground, she is on the horse with fighting uniform.
The cathedral had been very important for the old French Kingdom for the coronation,
the prerogative of the consecration, were held here by archbishops and military strong

man and woman. 

No comments: