Tuesday, August 2, 2016

My first arriving to Paris, France/Carlos Pueblo

My first arriving to Paris, France/Carlos Pueblo

From Dublin to London Heathrow and transfer to Paris Orly Airport,
it was my first arriving to Paris in my life. It was because of my mileage
arrangement that I had to go through London and suffered some custom
delay in yet not out from the city. I did not dare to be exciting when I arrived
due to the difficult task to locate the hostel in an unfamiliar city especially
in a raining night. It is very convenient to take the mass transportation in
Paris which helped me to get to Place d’italie and then transferred to a
subway line to where I stayed, Pierre et Marie Curie, a rusty suburban. Again,
it was not that easy in a raining night when I made a wrong exit on a wrong
street with a heavy luggage. The hostel is a youth backpack inn for the youth
however, there are frugal senior selecting it. The owner is a young man who
is also on duty at night shift and some employees are also guests of the inn.

I started checking the laundry machine and ran into a Taiwanese lady. She
was with a group of four on their Germany-France tour and Paris was the
final leg, soon after that, the leader of the group came out of the room and
chatted with me. She is a pretty girl called, Lucy Lin, has been studying in Europe
for years; therefore, she is very confident to bring her mother and friends for
the trip. I asked her advice of Germany and she flipped her smart phone and helped
me to book my 10 days stay after Paris. She also gave me 4 bus tickets to Reims-
Champagne area on the next morning because her mother was fatigue for the
intensity of traveling. I feel that I have been far behind current day traveler for
the computer technology for instance, I rely on map and asking for direction which
involving different languages and I have no way to accomplish it. Later, the group
recommended Versailles and Fontainebleau were two of the high light of my 12
days visit of Paris.

Paris is the most charming city in the world. I thought of places the night before
and asked people about them, planned the direction and took off early next morning.
I kept on searching the old ruin of Bastille Jail where the revolution occurred and finally
after three attempt I located a small remain on the side wall of a subway line. I would
believe that I spent a whole afternoon to locate the famous Sorbonne University. I had

had the Vietnamese beef pho noodle dinner every night. 

No comments: