Friday, August 5, 2016

Walking down to Avenue des Champs Elysees/Carlos Pueblo

Walking down to Avenue des Champs Elysees/Carlos Pueblo

I have had a warm feeling when I review the photos of Paris. I took No 7
subway line to Chatelet station on the west bank of the Seine, Musee du
Louvre was right in front of the station. I was so excited that finally I had
reached such a famous palace in the world. Suddenly, the famous movie,
Les Trois Mousquetaires by Alexandre Dumas, came back into my mind.
The Musketeers inspection ground by Louis XIII is still there and the Palace
Has been converted to a museum ever since a King moved to the Versailles
Chateau. The crystal pyramid is one addition and most of all still maintains
in excellent condition. A large garden is adjacent to the palace with pretty
flowers in my favorite and the immediate neighbor is the Concord Square.
The Avenue  des Champs Elysees is on between two Arcs, Arc de Triomphe
Carousel and Arc de Triomphe del’Etoile current day renamed to de Gaulle
Etolle.

I walked entire 1.18 miles, 70 meters width Avenue on both sides. First, I was
enjoy the luxury garden dwelling on the west side north bound, I wonder who
are those residents, later generation of previous royalty , government executives
, or rich business family. They are very gracefully built, managed, and blossom
In the spring of Paris. I could only name two kinds of flowers, roses and turnips,
and the rest colorful were beautiful yet unknown or could not be named by me.
It is very considerate of Paris to provide benches in front of the dwelling gardens
for visitors to sit.

In order to keep my good memory, I walked around the Arc and took pictures of
every corner. There were many visitors from all over the world especially those
nations with some kinds relationship with France. I walked back toward the Louvre
on the east side toward south. There are more commercial building on this side and
I could see the Eiffel Tower clearly which would be my next visit target place.

Both Arc architectures were Napoleon’s idea. Under his tenure of French empire,
France expended and he liked to make his future generation aware of it. I think that
I have learned some more French history by this visit of Paris and a better picture of
the European past and now. France and the Europe have been in peace for more than
70 years.


No comments: