Monday, August 15, 2016

Buses tour parts of Paris/Carlos Pueblo

Buses tour parts of Paris/Carlos Pueblo

I ran into a rainy day on my second attempt to visit the Chateau Versailles.
 After struggling so much on the unfamiliar streets, I managed to reach a
bus stop in between Porte du Garigliano and Balard stations next to the
famous European Hospital of George Pompidou’ famous for the artificial
heart installation. I was not aware of all of the significance then until now
with the help of Paris map and Google search. The bus stop was on a street
side of a small park and the kind driver was on his break. He invited me to
take his bus for the next ride to a regional transit center to catch on another
bus to the Chateau. This young driver speak fluent English, lucky me. It is
Route 169 going through several places where I was at the station of Porte
de Versailles on my first attempt to the Chateau. He took me pass a pretty
township of Clamart with a famous Percy Army Hospital and showed me
several luxury residential areas. I believe those are the residence of the
physicians who cannot live far away as in the case of medical center in Houston.
French residents decorate their front yards with varies kinds of flowers which
make the area very elegant indeed.

This kind young driver took me inside the drivers’ break office for a cup of coffee.
It was still raining hard and I decided to take his bus back to the starting point of
stop. He recommended me take Route 72 for a tour of Seine River, later I read
the map which covers most of the famous scenery points of Paris, like Chaillot
Palace, Effel Tower, Army Museum, Ecole Academy, Grand and Petit Palace etc.,
final stop is the Concorde Square then you can walk to the Champs-Elysees Avenue
and moving on.

In order to avoid the raining, I took another bus, Route 24, to keep on circling Paris.
The route passes through Republic, Nation, Bastille, and Bercy, yet I had had enough
buses for one day and stopped at the Metro Lyon Station and took the subway back.
Next time when I visit Paris, I know how to plan my trip in the city more effectively

by taking buses.

No comments: