Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Visiting Latin District of Paris/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Latin District of Paris/Carlos Pueblo

One day a Taiwanese lady traveler recommended me St. Michael Notre- Dame
for a visit and I checked my map. Sorbonne University is also inside the district
and not far from the church. Again I got off Chatelet station early on the next
morning to walk toward River Seine. The church is on an island split the river
into two while I walked across the St. Michel Avenue bridge to the east bank.
There is a St. Michel Church between two big streets which I did come back to
take some photos. In Paris there are either palaces or churches which represent
two estates, royalty and churches, which had caused the great 1789 revolution.
The vender opened their box buildings for a business of a new day, souvenirs
and magazines and on the other side of the street, restaurants and more permanent
stores for tourists. I was attracted by an unique street of flowers shops, bird feeds,
and bird shops.

In addition to the fresh cut flowers, the shops also carry the growing plants in a large
pot. I like their roses with all kinds of color and some other charming flowers. I was
not sure if some of them were peony or dahlia and asked my questions. Lady owners
were very patient to me for my broken Spanish. On the other side of the small street,
shoulder to shoulder, were birds stands with all kinds of bird feeds. These are Arabic
birds merchants with very special hobby indeed. I have seen people in Taiwan keep
all kinds of birds as hobby and treated as property. Of course, I also saw people catching
sparrows in the rice field after the harvest for grilled birds for food.

Across another bridge is the world known St. Michel Notre- Dame of Paris. People from
all over the world have gathered in the church square and line up waiting to enter to the
church. The front view of the church is so large which cannot be fit to my regular Canon
lens. I entered to the inside of the church, a red cardinal was performing a mass for the
Catholics. The church keeps several saints around the auditorium. You can purchase
candles to light on the front of the saints of your favorite, of course, you need to pay a
fee usually one Euro for a small candle. We Buddhist did the same thing by burning the
insane to our Buddha and Bodhisattva, saints like of Buddhism.

I went back to the east side of the river entering Luxembourg Park and French Senate.
This was a surprise to me along with the Pantheon due to my afternoon search of
Sorbonne campus of the University of Paris. I have been an admirer of the university
ever since my childhood era. Many Chinese scholars were educated here in early 20th
century which lead the written Chinese language revolution.



No comments: