Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Several other visits in Paris/Carlos Pueblo

Several other visits in Paris/Carlos Pueblo

I tried to go back to Vincennes Park for another visit; however, I missed
Doree Station and got off Vincennes Station instead. I was attracted by
an open air market on the side walk of the main street, Cours de Vincennes
. This narrow fresh produce market extends to Nation Station Square. I have
been attracted automatically by this kind of market all over to the countries
where I have visited because of my childhood life in Taiwan. The market is
very clean organized full of flowers shops, butcher shops with various kiinds
of fresh meat and sausages, pantries including cheese, wines, fruits and
vegetable etc. I also saw some garment stores as well. My eyes could not resist
a pretty oriental lady dressed elegantly following by her handsome husband
who held his Euro bills at hand looking for fishes. I checked my photo gallery
and did not seem to find my peony at the market.

I circled around the roses garden on the Nation Square, there are Nation and
Republic twin cities after the Revolution. This Nation Square had a blooming
roses at the time when I visited. A group of Jehovah’s Witness helped me to
locate Pablo Picasso Museum before I walked down to the subway station. I did
find that memorial of the Bastille Fortress ruins on a wall of a platform for #5
train to Pablo Picasso Station where was outside of the city not the Museum
was located.

On my way back to Paris and got off at Chatelet Station, I walked into the famous
Saint-Jacque Tower. It was started in 1509 then accompanied with Saint James
Cathedral which was destroyed during the Revolution. Now the Tower is opened
to general public to visit. Look at the top of the tower with 4 stick like structures
and guess what they are at this Gothic architecture. I believe that I have had an
explanation yet I cannot disclose it. I got it when I visited a classical museum in
Valencia, Spain and a well learned tip guide explained it.

I went back to the Chateau Versailles one more time and it was a rainy day again.
I marched toward the end gate of the park, directly across the mail Palace across
the garden, Grand Canal, farms to the boundary with the outside world. I was very
satisfied with my first visit of Paris.

Every day, I would purchase some fruits from a small fruits stand in front of the Marie
Currie Station. The owner is an old Bengali. He said he was hopeless when I asked
him how was his business. I had had Vietnamese beef pho every night for dinner while
its business was fine and obviously they made it in Paris.


No comments: