Thursday, August 18, 2016

Transferring plane in London Heathrow/Carlos Pueblo

Transferring plane in London Heathrow/Carlos Pueblo

I use British Airway mileage; therefore, every plane must be transferred
at London Heathrow Airport and I don’t mind at all. Due to heavy and
large luggage too difficult to be in and out of subway stations, I had had
a preliminary look to the route to the Orly Airport. Villejuif-Louis Aragon
Station where I transfer to a light rail train has an elevator to be up to the
Street level that I find very convenient. I went to Orly terminals and even
took a direct train ride from Orly terminal B to De Galle International. There
is a Concorde supersonic aircraft displayed nearby Orly. The plane was one
of the grounded in 2003 due to high cost and later replaced by Airbus,
another European project.

There was this young Brazilian lady coming along with me for the early flight
out of Paris. She was to De Galle and Dublin eventually for her English learning
project. She came here for a week’s cleaning side job and I was very curious and
asked her more details. She was an architect by training in Brazil with two
degrees, a bachelor and a master graduate degree, yet she was un-employed.
She came to Dublin for a maid job with a student visa. Now, the Briexit of the
European Union, I understand the situation in European Union member nations
must accept people of the member nation entering for a job. Majority of the the
English obviously didn’t like the idea. This also happens in the United States as
well, if you ask my opinion that I would say it is very backward. I admire the wisdom
of the EU founding fathers.

At the arrival of Frankfurt, Germany, the information center staff helped me to purchase
two tickets, one way ticket to the hostel and another weekly ticket for the day after. I
admit that I cannot speak German except morgan and donka means good morning and
thank you. Luckily most of German people speak English, a very good sign of school
education, especially the newly immigrants who know both German and English most of
the case. I find that German vocabulary is very long and without some key points tip I
shall not be able to manage it.

It is very convenient in Frankfurt for public transportation like New York City, London,
Paris, and Tokyo where I have been visited. I have passed by the city twice and this is
the first visit outside of the airport. I like it so much; therefore, I do plan to come back
this coming September for an additional one month visit for the entire Germany.


No comments: