Monday, August 8, 2016

Walking on Promenade Plantee, Paris/Carlos Pueblo

Walking on Promenade Plantee, Paris/Carlos Pueblo

I had attempted several times to search the remain of the Bastille Fortress with
no success yet when I concentrated to a small park near by the Opera House, I
walked into the Promenade Plantee, Coulee verte Rene-Dumont, that I wished to
work harder in my French lesson during my early life. I found the name of the park
later from a picture which I took on my walk, Gymnase Reuilly, and searched out
of this obsolete Vincennes Railway converted to a paved public walk park 4.7 km
from Bastille to Bois de Vincennes, an old palace now the largest city park of Paris.
The park idea began in 1988 and opened in 1993, the Google search mentioned
the High Line Park of Chelsea, New York City was 1 mile long also converted from an
abandoned railway from Chicago to NYC. Thanks to Patrick Hwang took me to visit
High Line Park and I believed Professor Ko, mayor of Taipei, went to visit High Liine on
His first visit of NYC in 2014 as well. Promenade was built 10 m above the ground on
The Viaduc des Arts, a kind of luxury art works display shops looked like a stadium
shape architecture which I found the real name at the same search. I was mistaken a
memorial plate on the wall for North African something to North American liberation
in the event of 1944, very stupid of me and I felt sorry for myself.

I like flowers and I love gardens. The city authorized to architects, Philippe Mathieux
And Jacques Vergely, to design this lovely elevated green park with a lot of small garden
lots along the walkway. The park is well facilitated, I mean toilets and water, and well
maintained. I saw roses and cherry blossom, of course not as significant od D.C., London,
and Dublin, etc. yet it made me feel that I did have a special spring, a prolonging spring.
I walked out of the trail two or three times to see some parts of Paris in more details, i.e.,
I bought a piece of water melon on a fruits shop and consumed it on a bench and continue
my journey. Once I found my camera battery was low in charge, I exited to a building, the
Gymnase Reuilly, for a break. The staff was very nice to allow me recharge my battery and
I was watching a high school physical education class, a hand ball game lesson, for the entire
hour. I did walk to the garden of Reuilly yet not a complete visit before a dead end of the park.

It was a surprise visit of Paris. Vincennes is on the suburban area with a beautiful landscape,
of course it was a royal palace of France once in the old time had been converted to a city
park. There were flowers and lake with white swans. My problem occurred again for toilet
facility and I was urgently need to find such facility. There is a zoo adjacent to the park.


No comments: