Thursday, April 30, 2020

Adapting the life in the American Society/Carlos Pueblo

Adapting the life in the American Society/Carlos Pueblo

The life is changing dramatically during and after the pandemic of the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus. Of course, the drastic change of life started when I came to this great country as a graduate student intended to stay permanently. I must learn and adapt to live in the new society which is not always seen in the Hollywood movies. The American society is very much more reasonable and the individual life is well protected. These are some of my understanding and conclusion to adapt my new life in the U.S.

Choose the program which please you to watch, to read, and to listen. It is the better way to avoid the stress, i.e. I pay no attention to popular sports and would rather to engage in my personal tennis games which is easy to be reached. I carefully select my news reading from some of the Yahoo News release. I only read the subject which pleases me. I admire the beauty on the cruise ship than the fashion model or movie star in the public domain.

I always believe the frugal habit brought up with me from my old country Taiwan. I always save before spend my earned income. I believe to preserve the capital in which is the current major saving and income of my senior life. I also pass it on to my family members no matter if it is to the high income member, or low income members, or no income member. We all are financial independent, free of money issue. Houston is a good example of the U.S. large and full of job opportunity for hard workers.

Houston is also very nice for Asian to live, hot and humid. The pandemic has changed my old traveling habit, yet I find my new life occupied with some basic of activities such as gardening, leisure walking and cooking, watching movies, listening piano music, and writing, etc. The life is getting more interesting and meaningful day by day. I run into many happy people every morning while walking. It is getting easier and easier as I have adapted the life in the American Society.

No comments: