Sunday, April 12, 2020

The cost of cloths in a family/Carlos Pueblo

The cost of cloths in a family/Carlos Pueblo

The cost of cloths in a family is minimum in compare with all other basic expenditure. I think that is due to the globalization and the improvement of the textile industry. I have a vivid memory of my childhood while younger sibling inherit used cloths from the elders. Only the well established pay pay attention to the expensive designer's cloths. I have never heard people get a loans for cloths; therefore, the cost of cloths is not an issue during the out break of the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus which means no threat to the payment of loans for cloths. I still like to describe how I manage my clothing during my life time.

I have not spent money in years and there is a reason. Amy would inform our daughter Michelle to buy some cloths for me to wear then she would donate the used to the charity. Once I told her the cloth donation was a business to move the donated cloths to sell in some other nations. She is used to quit response to such donation request and we have no longer received the calls. The textile have moved to the foreign nations to cut cost and new glue has been better than before which are reasons for the affordable cloths.

Recently I bring out my used suits to wear on the cruise travel. I still keep them after 20 some years. It is the only time when I can re-use the suits in a proper place. Wearing a pair of suits makes myself more respectable among people and myself and costs no additional money to buy them only a small amount to send them to a dry cleaner.

I always go to bargain sale for shoes. I don't believe the regular mark up price. I buy shoes for tennis. I shine my dress shoes often and it has been a good habit built in my childhood. Once the shoes were worn, I would down grade them to the yard work purpose till in-repairable, means the glue won't work. I don't like to pay; therefore I don't like to spend money. I agree that the rich spend no money do not know money and just like the poor sanctioned by the current Buddha that the rich are like the poor if you don't spend the money and the poor are happier than the rich if you are healthy and no stress. He didn't actually say that on the Diamond Sutra, it is my explanation based on his preaching logic.

No comments: