Thursday, April 9, 2020

Family vehicles expenditure/Carlos Pueblo

Family vehicles expenditure/Carlos Pueblo

Family vehicles expenditure is one of the major costs. I am not sure that I have had a better way to deal with it; however, these are my ways. We drive all vehicles as long as possible which means the economic feasible or makes sense, we purchase reliable brand of cars, and finally, we designate four of our drivers to individual vehicle for their use. That means I pay all the costs to purchase vehicles except the newest one which Amy and Michelle contribute some.

I am driving a 23 years old Q45 now and the vehicle. It had been driven by Amy when the kids were young and turned to Arthur when he started to have problem with an old Acura. Finally, it was turned over to me to rebuild some parts of the engine. I am not working and I am fine with the old vehicle. Amy is driving a 2018 Camry and yield her 2013 Maxima to Michelle in Austin, in consequence, she gave her 2007 Camry to Arthur. His old 2002 Honda was flooded in total loss. I figure out that is the best arrangement for our family to save money for some other purpose such as individual reserve fund. Now, Michelle and Amy pay their own insurance. Of course, everyone pays their own gas.

It is not safe to drive a luxury vehicle to a danger parking place such as super markets or parking at the front door while working out of town and there is no need for me driving less than 400 miles a year. I drive the old vehicle to play tennis twice in a week and the no air conditioning vehicle doesn't bother me at all. It is very convenient to have individual vehicle when needed.

I tried to hedge the costs of operating vehicles; therefore, I invested to a car manufacturer and an oil company. Unfortunately, both are not doing well in the last 30 years. I do save money on managing family vehicles yet loose money on those two investment. I can't win all the times.

No comments: