Thursday, April 9, 2020

How to budget the food cost/Carlos Pueblo

How to budget the food cost/Carlos Pueblo

The food cost is another necessary item for a family to manage. The United States is a nation of abundance due to the large cultivated land and successful agricultural technique, i.e. I am a witness of a single farmer on a tractor to manage a couple hundreds acres of rice farm land in the state of Arkansas. I don't disagree to consume as much as I want; however, I like home made foods, to take lunch box  to work, and try to stay away from restaurants. It is another way of a frugal life to contribute to saving and accumulate the capital to invest.

I was brought up from a humble background; therefore, I hate to waste any food. We, Amy and I, eat left over and have no habit to through away foods. I have had diabetes due to eat too much and gain so much weight; therefore, I have been very concern of my intake of foods. This way I save money for many purposes that I think is good for me. Now I have develop a method to get back my desire to go to eat on restaurants by going to cruise in combine with several costs of leisure such as the the cost of transportation,  room and board, etc.The money which I have saved is for the uncertain future that I may encounter such as unemployment and the situation like today, the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus.

We always keep our son Arthur to stay at home even he has graduated from college and has a minimum wage job. This way he would save the costs of room and board and we see the amazing result. His investment dividend is very closed to his job income and very soon to super seed it. What my concern is how he would manage my old office furniture when I pass away. I'll leave enough fund for him to pay the local real estate tax for the house.

We always plan ahead not even a small and accumulated amount such as the food cost in our long life. A few drops of water can make a river and many rivers can help to built a sea and an ocean and so on.

No comments: