Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Peep through a lock down Houston City street/Carlos Pueblo

Peep through a lock down Houston City street/Carlos Pueblo

We went out to run on an errand yesterday, a deposit of Arthur's annual IRA to a broker/dealer office, another deposit of his IRS refund check, pick up my medicine supply, and fill some air to my vehicle four tires; therefore, we had had an opportunity to peep through a lock down Houston City street due to the severe outbreak of the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus.

People are still doing some essential driving to mind their necessary routine yet the the traffic is much better than the usual normality. The broker/dealer office is closed with two posters to recommend to use the company's app to make deposit and not leave anything inside the door. We continued to march to a second bank drive in and sent the check through a deposit tube inside. The front door of the bank is closed with also two posters.

I was advised to park my car on one of the tree designated lots on the entrance of the parking garage and called the pharmacy. The clerk checked on my re-fill order and promised to bring out the medicine supply for me to move on. I put my small towel to cover my mouth and nose and let her know that I was doing it to protect her. We do have some limited supply of regular masks at home for Arthur to go to work. Then, he told me that he did have an regular account set up with the broker/dealer and I decided to visit our other bank to do some banking business to move the IRA contribution fund to his saving account and therefore, he could move the money to his IRA account as the company's so advice.

We could enter the bank and discussed the matter with a teller through the bullet proof window. Arthur gave her his Texas Driver's Licence in order to find his saving account and I marked down the broker/dealer's name from my check, put Arthur's full name instead with an initial, and she accepted. She is a pretty girl and very efficient.

The final stop was a air pressure filling station at the Costco. I did have no pressure to wait or to fill the pressure air in a hurry. As a matter of fact, I could properly operate the equipment and make sure all tires be made to 32 psi, pound per square inches. I just noticed that I had not filled the air properly due to the waiting line and no wonder my tires were always looked flat.

I was so pleased that finally I got Arthur's attention to the saving procedure. He asked me some questions about the gain, loss, and yield, etc. I believe that he is going to manage his own investment from now on actively. The pandemic is stressful yet we do whatever in necessary to move on safely of our life.

No comments: