Monday, January 6, 2014

Visiting Sanxia(2)/ Charles Chuang

Visiting Sanxia(2)/ Charles Chuang I like to continue to search my ancestors and I believe that I should be a native Taiwanese, an Austroindonesian Ping Pu Race. Yet my great grandmother was a woman with a pair of binding feet. Binding feet was a Chinese custom. According to my eldest sister, Mary’s explanation, our great grandmother was from an acceptable family occasionally encouraged my mother to consider my father was out of a stone not from such a discussed family. My mother did not feel well with me and used to consider me the same way, from a stone not from her, all because that I was not disciplined and disobedient. Mary indicated that my paternal grand father died when my father was 5 years old, in 1915. My grandmother should be only 28. After 4 years, in 1920, there was her second son with a surname Hong. We knew That she re-married. This uncle Hong was eventually the head of her family until 1987 when he died. My younger brother, Jien Feng, went to the public sponsored funeral service and brought back his photo and ash to Huwei for the symbolic of coming home. Actually, there was another brother, Ming Kuei, with a third surname. We don’t know whether he is alive or not. He might be deceased without informing Jien Feng. Such miserable families, such suffering for our ancestors, yet there is one and only one branch of families coming out of the struggle. With the heavenly luck, the ancestors’s protection, we are free of such suffering, we should look around to see if any of us is miserable now among us? All person have a mind which cannot bear to see the suffering of others. This is what I admire the most. Mary visited Sanxia when she was a child; Hui-Mei and Yancy accompanied our mother to visit our grandmother and two uncles in the 60’s; Jien Feng visited twice, one at the college and one was in 1987when uncle Ming Lin died. They all had the first hand experience. Even though I am not a worthy son, I did attempt twice to show my sincerity. I show no bitterness for my humble origin. From ancient time, heroes have come from poor families and that is why Confucius said he was from a humble beginning ;therefore, he acquired his ability to many things. We must be appreciated to this. It bothers me very much that we cannot resolve the two houses which our mother left. I don’t like to see the waste even though I intend to renounce my right to inherit. After viewing the struggle of our ancestors, witness someone is still struggling among our siblings, I cannot see any waste of it even though the properties do not exceed the inherit tax limit. We are all getting old, let get it done in our life time. First, we should appoint one of us, Jien Feng is the best choice. With our authorization letter to authorize him apply the transfer the properties from the deceased to our 7 siblings. This is the law in Taiwan. Secondly, after the properties under the children’s name. The estate must pay back the loan, expanses such as tax, funeral expanse etc. We can further discuss the statement right of the two pieces of letters. Some of you have possessed multi universities graduate degrees which make us admire. Please utilize your talent and let us resolve this matter now.

No comments: