Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Renew Time Magazine/ Charles Chuang

Renew Time Magazine/ Charles Chuang Time Magazine sends a renewal notice to Arthur, I carefully read the notice and find out the renewal rate is very inexpensive. I therefore use my credit card to renew it for another three years. By using that credit card can also help me to finish the new card spending requirement. Before I came to the United States, I used to subscribe Time in Taiwan. That had help my English, enlarge my world view. The American edition becomes thinner and thinner , probably because the change of time, people like to read free newspapers, free magazines, and free books. Time changes so does Time Magazine. I have changed myself too, I have not read printed newspapers, watch TV, And I only surf through Associated Press and Reuters from Yahoo News. I Admit that I am alone and have heard but little, yet I get used to it. I think that I should go out on travel more often, facing more of the world outside, getting to know more new friends and the old. Mentioning about the travel, yesterday morning our neighbor informed me that the new airfare from Houston to Taipei will be US$850 for a round trip by Air China. Today I read An advertisement by the United Airline’s promotion for a round trip tickets to Beijing for US$750, of course you need to pay additional from Beijing to Taipei. I noticed that two planes which I took from Honolulu to Taipei were quite empty, even Houston to LosAngeles planes were smaller than before. I believe that travelers around the world are more careful on their spending like watching the cost of magazine, no waste. Of course, there are still some luxury magazines not fallen to deep promotional Rate, such as my wife’s Lady Home Journal for example. It is still very thick and popular yet I have not enjoying reading it, I like the politic, I like news. Economic Information helps me understanding thee U.S. policy and the stock market. Yet these only cover domestically, after I reach to the foreign soil, I notice the subjects are somewhat different from the U.S. Another magazine, the Economics, is an English magazine which we subscribe. We are waiting for another promotion to get in next time with unused mileage. The Wall Street Journal also invites us to renew and so does the New York Time. I overheard a gossip that a Chinese would purchase the New York Time. They say it and I cannot stop hearing it. All newspaper and magazine have their difficulty nowadays. Free speech is number one in the democracy, rule of law. I believe that under the speedy progress of the internet, the news passes faster Than people can believe; therefore, newspaper becomes magazine, magazine becomes new book, and only a good book can be passed on to the next generation.

No comments: