Thursday, January 9, 2014

Visiting Professor Chang in Taipei/ Charles Chuang

Visiting Professor Chang in Taipei/ Charles Chuang I have kept correspondence with retired professor Chang for quite some time. He was in insurance field before I entered the business; however, he was an actuary major in the corporation planning level. He had taught at the universities between the U.S. and Asian nations until recent retirement. His younger sister, Wendy, was one of my biggest insured. I had waited two weeks after arriving to Taipei for the opportunity to visit him and had three conversation for three different days. His wife, Joy, works with Wendy at Nuskin and is very busy to build her business in China. Every time when visit Taipei, I always have been treated dinners at the house of the Taipei Oversea American Club. One year the lunch was in a fancy vegetarian restaurant. His circle of friends included several famous politicians, we all touched briefly during our conversation. He has decided to write a book which I believe is in his major field yet not in his regular life or philosophy toward his friends and careers. He is an intellectual and a Marathon runner and still runs ten thousand meter a day. I don’t believe that he should consider to go back to live in the U.S. and engages in the retail insurance business. I feel the business is very stressful, to me for instance, I have been burned out twice during my career as an agency owner. Also the big insurance company will not easily grand agent’s contract to the Senior and would rather to train a person freshly graduate from college. Now after Warren Buffett enters auto insurance business, he has sake the industry upside down. The Obamacare is still not quite certain and so on. I believe that he should keep what he has possessed in Taiwan and take care of the family. There is no need to build a new world in the U.S. unless enjoying the retirement. He agrees. In regard to our mutual friend, J.S. Chien who was his buddy in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was because of my poorly description that made him felt J.S. was not warm toward him. I apologized immediately. Making friends with these type of smart guys, I must be very careful. His friends are, for example, formerl President Teng Hui Lee and George Chang, former mayor of Tainan etc. In regard to my blog, He encouraged me to select some for him to read.

No comments: