Sunday, January 19, 2014

Health insurance/ Charles Chuang

Health insurance/ Charles Chuang Before my trip to Taiwan at the last quarter of last year, Blue Cross had offered several seminars for the Obamacare which would be effective on 01/01/2014. The first one that I needed to enroll was my wife’s application. She has a basic major medical plan which covered hospitalization and surgical with a $10,000 deductible. The monthly premium is now $130 and thanks her god that there had been no big medical issue during the last 12 years. The Obamacare is a good policy which can enroll all uninsured to a decent health insurance coverage. I believe that my wife’s simple coverage can be elevated to a comprehensive one like most of the civilian group policy. I had had group policies for more than 20 years and I understood how vital it had been especially with my son Arthur. The health insurance had saved him as well as the family. There are 2 millions enroll to the plan for the time being and expecting 7 millions at the first half of this year. It is still not quite successful as the original expection; however, this is a beginning of a good policy. There are many nations in the world carry national healthcare, even some developing nations such as Thailand, for instance, carries health insurance for the farmers. The premier may run into political problem, yet she still can win the election because this popular program. I don’t know whether Obamacare will be good for either parties during the next General election, yet I must manage the urgent family need. According to Yancy, my brother, that my wife’s existing policy is qualified as a grandfather policy. As long as the company offers to continue the policy with some modification to meet the Obamacare minimum requirement, she doesn’t need to switch to the Obamacare and no penalty involved. Many who opposes Obamacare encourages the young not to enroll and pay the penalty. I feel that these people are irresponsible if they themselves carry health insurance. Once the young and uninsured is involving a catastrophic heath loss, their attorneys should look into the liability issue. I start to do some research to enroll my wife into the plan. For the past 12 years While I haven’t provide a decent health insurance to my wife is really my fault. I should not make her worry about her health care. I shall provide her the Obama Care until the day of Medicare to come.

No comments: