Friday, January 10, 2014

Visiting Hsinchu(2)/ Charles Chuang

Visiting Hsinchu(2)/ Charles Chuang A day before I took off Taiwan, we had had a lunch in Hsinchu with old college classmates. This was the second gathering during my almost four weeks stay. Lijen and his wife recommended this hill top restaurant which could overlook the beach and city buildings on the east. Interestingly, there was a camping site for trailers for campers. The restaurant had had a very good business and we had been treated by our successful classmate, Kunming, who had a business in China. I still took an early train ride to Hsinchu via Taipei main station. Hsin chu station was still very busy for people in and out of the city for work or else. Roger suggested me take another train to Liuchia where the high speed rail Station was. He was going to get Chunghong who was from Tainan so we could Be on the same vehicle to the restaurant where no bus could be taken. Liuchia is Chupei, a newly developed county seat. The city plan looks like any of the new city in the U.S. There were a large group of community college students from Taipei came to the station for an out of classroom tour. According to their photo equipment, I believe that they are in a professional photographer’s class. I brought out my Canon and followed the group for some photos. If I am not mistaken, the electrical engineering and computer science college of National Taiwan University is located here in this city where most of high tech firms are located. Yung Kun from South Kunsheng Temple area came so did James L. original from Daji, Taipei. Both of them had visited our Home at Huwei while I was at Leiyu Island for my military service. My family had reminded me when I came back in 1973. The lunch was very short actually. We were listening to Kunming for his new soda type drinking water, Liyou water, with a PH 2 level acetic quality. He proclaims the water can remove the senior’s face spots etc. He has applied for the patent in Hong Kong. I saw and tasted one ingredient was Luosheng flower which was red color and tasted sour. This Luosheng flower grown at Taitong makes me think of a famous long poem written by a famous prince in the three kingdoms era, Luosheng Fu. He described how beautiful the lady Fu whom he ran into at river Luo to his young servant while his young servant was taking a nap. I have run into numerous Lady Fu during my trip to Taiwan, have written many journals about this trip, yet I still cannot post a poem like Luosheng Fu. I believed that Kunming intended to treat us dinner after lunch. It was such a Hurry that we could not make it. Roger asked him to give his wife a ride to Toufen , Miali and asked his wife to serve them dinner. Then, Roger took us to Liuchia station for Chunghong to take a high speed trai back to Tainan. He parked his car at the station and we took James L. vehicle who followed us to Taipei. Carl and Lijen both had their own vehicles drove home. Yungkun’s son lives in Hsinchu would come to pick him up. In regard to transportation, these Ph.D. are very good to manage it. I like to visit Yungkun on my next trip to visit that old temple. After Chungli, Taoyuan, all townships, cities are all linked together. We passed by a big white statue of Buddha, I could not name the location. They laughed and explained that was a factory to build the statues to the rest of world.

No comments: