Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Visiting a friend at Mutza, Taipei/ Charles Chuang

Visiting a friend at Mutza, Taipei/ Charles Chuang After coming back from Kinmen, I cleaned up and took off again to visit the old friend which I located during the trip to Leiyu Island. During our phone conversation, I know that this adopted daughter of mine is married and resides at Taoyuan with two young children. Her father showed me one photo book filled with the family pictures very handsome couple. She looks very different from her baby era 40 some years ago in different charming. Yet her elder sister still has a trace of similarity from the time before, very pretty and slander. There is a brother between these two sisters. He lives at Yuanlin, Changhua down to the central south of Taiwan. We were waiting for the eldest daughter came off work and took us to a Cafeteria, Kuochung described his journey toward success in Taiwan. At The beginning, he worked as a construction worker, then became a taxi Driver while his wife worked at an electronic factory until retirement, He is in his 70’s and his wife is in her 60’s.When she saw me, she pulled out two of my bachelor’s photos and a piece of English note which I left for their baby daughter in memory. She offered me to take back for my souvenir. I was so touched and did not know what to do. The next morning I called him and he said it was very routine nothing special about. In the past 40 years, I had written letters to the village to ask the village head for help to have their address and phone numbers in vain. He knew my effort and also mentioned that he did go to a nearby middle school where I taught in 1974for my U.S. address. We missed each other. Now I have found this family and can close this chapter of my life. I must thank his wonderful dinner.

No comments: