Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dining with middle school classmates/ Charles Chuang

Dining with middle school classmates/ Charles Chuang Actually this dinner was first arranged before I left Houston, yet almost the last night before I left Taiwan. It was because that I could not make up my schedule with the dentists in either in Taipei or in Tainan; therefore, I set it up the last Saturday in Taipei while I could wait for the denture at Huwei and had the dinner on my way back to Honolulu. The restaurant was on a hill top of Peitou, Taipei, not quite distinguished, yet you could overlook the plain of Kwandu and night scenery of Dansuei, New Taipei City. There were two similar activities both in 2008 and 2009 when I returned to Taiwan. My friend Cary arranged the dinner who was at the same elementary year yet in a different class. His elder brother was in my brother Yancy’s class at middle school. We have been very closed ever since he visited Houston brought me the mailing list of our elementary school mates. There were four new attendants this year, a retired senior high school teacher, Three were those who took me to visit Kingsan, Taipei, basically, we were all from that small township of Huwei. All due to this respect, the conversation at the dinner was very casual and very interestingly closed. There was an idiom which we overheard from a loud conversation from another table, the old man runs into a bushy flowers. The old man means the aged while the flowers means young women. It stirred a bit on our table as well. There was also a phrase called instantly legalized to describe the incumbents and their ways of doing business following to personal decision instead of following to the rule of law. The host , Cary, is a successful fruits importer and very generous to us. I have mentioned this restaurant to my fellow Taiwanese in Houston, Texas and yet scarcely people can make it when visiting Taipei. Yes, it is located within the city limit and very quiet like in a village.

No comments: