Thursday, January 9, 2014

Interview for an insurance call center job/ Charles Chuang

Interview for an insurance call center job/ Charles Chuang The night before yesterday, a manager called for my son Arthur for a position at an insurance call center about 40 miles northeast from here. I answered the call and expressed my interest. I asked him if age 66 was alright. Of course he answered yes. In this country, the employers cannot discriminate age, sex, sexuality, and race etc ; therefore, proclaim an equal opportunity employers. I did drive 40 miles to the building for interview, first I needed to fill out my application form on a computer. It was very detail and made me a little bit uncomfortable, such as had you been disobedient on the previous jobs, had you resigned under the pressure of termination etc. I rarely resigned by myself because the job had been very difficult to come by. I always stay until the termination end. This is why I felt offended. One interviewer told me the pay was $13/hour plus some commission about $300 a month. I figured it out that was a difficult job for me to take especially was no longer a young man. I like to guess what is going on in this industry. I believe that some big insurance Companies regularly purchase the others and request some customers service to retain these business, then ship the customers to some contractors such as this interviewer’s firm. Let them provide the customer service as well as new business quotations. The MBA can figure out how much to pay to the call center employees in order to make a profit. Most of the corporations in the U.S. are driven by profit. If there is no state insurance regulation, this kind of call center would be in India and Philippine. I did see one insurance company utilized its Irish technical center to do an insurance quote for an agent in the U.S. market Place. I comforted myself that this was all because my lack of professional skill when I was young at school. Luckily I made it through an insurance career in the early years. I saved and very care on spending. I also like to help my children to make it in this very competitive society.

No comments: