Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A travel companion to Japan and Taiwan/ Charles Chuang

A travel companion to Japan and Taiwan/ Charles Chuang My daughter Michelle informed us her two weeks break from work several days ago, invited us to be her travel companions to Japan and Taiwan. She likes to Visit my hometown both Puli and Huwei where I grew up; visits the night markets Both in Taipei and Kaohsiung; enjoys the scenery of Taiwan. While visiting Japan is simply her admiration of that nation. She purchased the tickets with her accumulated mileages the other night; therefore, I started make a plan for Taiwan and expressed my opinion toward Japan for her reference. For the part of Taiwan, we would take the high speed rail to Chiayi and transfer To Huwei for the first night, then after several sets of tennis, my sister Mary would Take us to Puli across Chusan, the central Taiwan sierra, and to Puli where I was born. On the way back to Huwei, we may pass the famous Sun Moon Lake. We are going to reach Kaohsiung on that night via the high speed rail and visit the night market where we can enjoy Taiwanese eatery. Early next morning, Wan Fong a retired banker will take us south to Kending on the southern tip of Taiwan. In 2009 she took me to this route and I was very impressed for the scenery. Again early following morning, we will take the first train available to circle southern Taiwan to Taidong or Hwalien in order to rent a car for Ching Piao and his wife to get on to show us Hwa Dong Valley and Taroco Gorge etc. We shall take the last train available back to Taipei on that night and spend the rest of our time to visit the capital. Before arriving to Taiwan, there is a stopover in Japan. After learning that I would pay some of the expanse, Michelle got the airplane tickets issued. Traveling to Japan is very expansive as I have been told, yet I understand visiting Tokyo is no difference from visiting London or New York City. First I check on three travel agencies for the hotel promotion. I can get a hotel room US$150 a night both in Tokyo and Kyoto, a daily pass for subway in Tokyo for US$15 and the rest is food. I am a vegetarian and can have Kamage odon while they can enjoy sushi for six days until reach the night market in Taiwan. I don’t believe that we have to pay as much as the price for a tour. We visit both famous city is for the classic scenery, thousand years ancient capital etc and should not worry too much for the room and board. As a matter of fact, if I can spend carefully during , I can visit some more places and enjoy more travel.

No comments: