Saturday, January 4, 2014

Two eating engagement s with elementary classmates (2)/ Charles Chuang

Two eating engagement s with elementary classmates (2)/ Charles Chuang At the dinner with Huiwen, I heard that Yimei from Los Angeles was in Taipei And I like very much to see her. The class head said if I would come to lunch with them on Friday then I could see her. Actually she was not there. I went to shopping with these ladies after the lunch. I believed that was on East Nanking Road many high rise buildings. They stopped at a familiar leather shoes shop. One lady relator with us from Houston purchased a pair of red leather shoes for US$17. They encouraged me to purchase some items on sale. I bought two pairs of leather sandal which I thought I could put into use at Waikiki on my way back to Houston. June Mer, the class head, asked me be silent in order for her to negotiate some more. Another classmate, Pingju, was against it because the price was reasonable low. I would like to purchase a leather belt without any success, then we arrived at an old rice liquor factory, Hwasan factory, which was famous for the red rice liquor in the old day. I was fond of the site tour, therefore, I parted with those ladies. This site has become an art center where many famous artists own their stores on site. There was a festival going on that afternoon full of visitors. It has been listed as a historical site under the governmental protection. I would like to show some lists of food price in Taipei for your reference: A full plate of delicious food at a restaurant with coffee afterward costs US$10, vegetarian plate $7. I ate at a street food stand for a bowl of noodle US$2, salty bean coud soup less than US$1; US$4 for a plate of food at a cafeteria. A big queva fruit is 70 cents.

No comments: