Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy New Year 2014/ Charles Chuang

Happy New Year 2014/ Charles Chuang There has been seasonable weather in 2013, neither hurricane nor flood in Houston, even the stock market has been prosperous, the IRA has been appreciated. It happens after we move to the new residence on Del Monte Drive, of course, we miss the old residence on Traviata Drive. It is a new mansion now after a year. Both Michelle and Arthur stay home and yet we don’t have extra expanse. During the year, we have been out on travel twice, one is a cruise to Alaska and another one is to eastern Sierra Nevada; add another two by myself, one is a week to New York City and Washington, D.C. to view the cherry blossom and another one is back to Taiwan for a medical trip with two stop over at Honolulu. Amy has been working in her church very hard this year, after 3 years director And now becomes the chair of the women’s society within the church. She is getting used this stubborn non-believer. Occasionally, there is a discussion of religion. They all give up to save my soul after listening to my religious view. As a matter of fact, there is some who discusses the Buddhism with me quite often nowadays. My mother passed away this past July and with a smooth bury, yet she left two houses at Huwei with difficulty for us to inherit. There is disagreement among us even though three of us give up the right to inherit. For this, I have made a special trip to Sanxia, Taiwan, my father’s hometown, to find my root, my ancestors. I sincerely hope that would help us to resolve this small value property. It is very effective with my vegetarian diet to control my body weight and yet not quite effective to deter my diabetes. This coming new year, I shall increase my exercise, increase hiking at the trip, play more tennis, and find any way to help one unfortunate sibling. I shall continue gardening at home, practice calligraphy, and work harder for my language study. I shall avoid talking nonsense to agitate my wife and make her worry. I wish you all have a very happy new year and keep healthy.

No comments: