Thursday, December 26, 2013

Visiting Kingsan, Taipei/ Charles Chuang

Visiting Kingsan, Taipei/ Charles Chuang While I was visiting Cary’s home at Shihpai, Taipei, I called Wanfang in Kaoshiang. She just retired from her bank, managed her father’s funeral, and prepared to come up to Taipei to visit her best friend, Meihsiu. Meishiu is the eldest sister of our old classmate, Rongchung. We were all growing up in the neighborhood at a sugar plant. In 2008, Meishiu and her husband came to Cary’s welcome dinner party to meet us, yet did not have dinner with us, later her husband drove us back to Chunghe City hotel and got lost on a long avenue which I still remembered. This time Hornkuo, his name, arranged to take us to visit Kingsan, meaned Golden Mountain in Taiwanese, New Taipei city. We would visit a nuclear power plant, Kingsan old town, and a villa facing a portion of the north shore. It was a rainy day, he tried to avoid the morning traffic. We entered the North Freeway #1 toward north. There are many beautiful villages and townships where are located on the rim of Taipei Basin. Even though it was in the winter, yet it was green everywhere. It is the unique part of Taiwan scenery. We passed through a township Wanli and entered the nuclear power plant #2 operated by Taiwan Power Corporation which was the former employer of Hornkuo and Meishiu. Because of his recommendation, two of her younger brothers entered the service, one was retired and one would be retired very soon. After sugar industry diminished, many of the children of the employee left the subdivision to work somewhere all over the island. Out of power plant, we visited Old Kingsan street. Let me again praise how pretty My home country is. Even in the rain, I still feel the beautiful scene of foggy like Stay in distance to view a pretty lady. With an umbrella, I had passed many bath houses of hot spring. It’s quite amazing that I got it easily without any effort to search for it. I asked the hot spring bath house owner how much for a bath. The hot spring establishment here and western U.S. do not look like in Japan; however, it’s better than I ran into in California and Colorado. I am going to bring my own towel and back before I leave Taiwan. I did have the opportunity yet I did not have the time. It’s very crowed at the old town Kingsan, many gifts shops and restaurants. I walked and chatted with Hornkuo while two girls were together. We had had a lunch in a very busy restaurant in front of a local temple and ate at a nearby room. We paid when we finished and counted the numbers of plates. It’s very unique and very good business. The owner is the current mayor of Kingsan. The villa is one of her younger brother’s. It’s on a hill top facing an old gold mine Township. In a clear day, you can see very far away. If it was not rainy, I would make a mistake that was in Hawaii. I admire very much for this villa where I am informed there are still many in Taiwan. He set up a Kara OK screen and I started singing 20 Japanese songs and the rest of them left to find a quiet place.

No comments: