Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An artist from Kauai Island, Hawaii/Charles Chuang

An artist from Kauai Island, Hawaii/Charles Chuang I ran into a mid-age pretty at Los Angeles International Airport, waiting on a seat at the terminal and flipping on a hand held computer. Upon boarding to the aircraft, I was busy placing my tennis racket into the upper cabinet,” Preparing to play tennis in Hawaii?” an oriental lady smiley asked. It’s the pretty lady at the terminal where I ran into. I answered briefly in Japanese. She is Ishikami Kyoko resides at Kauai Island, Hawaii, just coming back from visiting a friend in Southern California. She mentioned several scenery where I did have some experience, and I had visited Kauai Island. We did have some mutual interest for conversation. This old nut scarcely has an opportunity to chat with such a pretty lady. My wife doesn’t like me to speak to stranger ladies while on travelling. She even asks our daughter Michelle to remind me for such respect. Ishikami San’s pretty belongs to elegant but charming. I praise her pretty due to a good marriage that her spouse puts no pressure on her and loves her. She is very pleased and says that is her second marriage. Her husband is an American missionary. She taught English in Japan and Japanese at Kauai Island. She used the same textbook, Japanese for busy people, which I have used for self- study for many years. She showed me about 400 of her art work which were all uploaded into a small notebook type computer. Even though it’s like the art gallery in the museum, I could see her life time work. Her art shows only limit at the island. I mentioned a taro field at Kauai where the scenery liked the old classical Chinese, the peach blossom village, the orderly divided farms. She showed me two of her art work at the same scenery spot where people could overlook the field. I thought of keeping her e-mail address for the future correspondence, yet I saw her busy getting organized her luggage. We didn’t say farewell, I didn’t even have a chance to take her picture for my readers all over the world.

No comments: