Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bus tour Oahu Island/ Charles Chuang

Bus tour Oahu Island/ Charles Chuang One day I decided to take a bus tour Oahu Island. After tennis I prepared a Little bit myself and took off from the University campus via Waikiki and Ala Moana Shopping Center. There are two routes, 52 and 55, to circle the island. Every route would take about two hours to finish the circle, only certain portion of the island. I the first coming bus,55, toward east and northeast direction. After passing Chinatown, the bus ran directly to Pali Highway, if I were not mistaken, there was a big Taiwanese Government Office on this highway and the director’s residence was just next to it. I have my love to Hawaii, no more the the scenery, looks like the old memory Of Taiwan, especially my home town Puli, Nantou. Pali Highway, 61 Highway at Hawaii Pacific University, turned northwest to 83 Highway. I had driven rental cars five or six times to circle the island on my previous trip. Now I took bus tour for the old memory. 61 Highway separates certain portion of Oahu Island where some buses could reach. There are some pretty villages where I have not had the opportunity to Visit, yet circling 72 Highway and the beach from highway that I was very familiar with. There is a Bellows Air Force Station and nearby luxury homes are difference in structure with another part of the island. After entering 83 Highway, the bus immediately on the north shore. Other Than Waikiki Beach, most of the island beaches scarcely have tourists. Local residence are against the new development, they insist to maintain the old environment with no high rise building. Originally I planned to buy some nuts and coffee at Macadammia and yet I changed my mind. I got off at Matsumoto grocery for a bowl of Azuki Icy, a kind of sweet red bean with honey. I discussed an old sign on the door step with a Japanese tourist family. The old grocery is located at an old sugar plantation near the famous Sunset Beach where many advanced surfers gather. Actually I missed a Philoppino fruits stand near the Turtle Resort Center. There are many stands now. There are some development at the island with the old historical villages. I believe that I can be a good tourist guide. The bus turned south, passing by an old Army barracks where was the story of a film, From here to the eternity, also passing by the Dole Plantation. An old American lady recommended me try another coffee factory on the roadside. I went to that factory for a bag of Hawaiian coffee the next day.

No comments: