Saturday, December 28, 2013

Visiting three friends on East Hoping Road/ Charles Chuang

Visiting three friends on East Hoping Road/ Charles Chuang One day after coming back from Wanhwa, Taipei for an internet use, I managed again to go out visiting three friends on East Hoping Road where I had been during senior high and college years. Dr. Wen’s clinic was very busy. He asked me to wait for a while when he saw me And let him finish the patient. I was at the waiting room where I was exchanging glances with a 5 years old boy. After getting familiar with me, he came forward to greet me. Because I had had dental disease; therefore, I encouraged him to brush teeth diligently, not liked his mom, required a dental visit. The young said no, not his mother but his aunt. I apologized. The little boy came to give me a hi 5 to depart and I was receiving as with surprise. I admired and said such a boy with good manners should run for the mayor of Taipei. The grandmother, his aunt, and Dr. Wen were all very pleased. The next patient just arrived, Dr. Wen briefly chat with me and informed me that Christina and her husband should still be in Taiwan. Christina is also our old classmate in the elementary school is at Rockville, Maryland where I visit her every year for cherry blossom. He gave me a names list with her mobile phone numbers and comforted me to see through the vanity of this life. He took an example from Speaker Ginping Wang’s saying that President Ying Jou Ma was his Bodhisattva in his heart. I surprised that Ma was in no competition to Wang. Ma attempted to through Wang to jail with corruption of lobby. There are full of intelligent people who are watching closely to the politicians. Dr. Wen is a distinguished dentist and has opened his practice On Roosevelt Road and East Hoping Road for many years. He was our classmate in the elementary school. Out of the dental clinic, I walked toward Taiwan Normal University. I ran into two pretty American students in front of the red Gothic building. I took them to the office of public relation to get some help. I knew the Mandarin Center was across the road on the other side of the campus next to the department of English and yet I was not quite sure after all the high rise buildings. Two staff members came out to help, one recognized me instantly that I was from Houston, Texas; the other one grasped a passing by student to take these two new foreign students to the proper location. The Mandarin Center at Taiwan Normal is a known institute around the world. The other staff member took to third floor to meet Anna who had been in charge of the alumni affair for the previous years. Anna, with her supervisor’s encouragement, took me to the student center for a cup of tea. I tried to remember whether this center was the old ROTC faculty’s office or the old postal office. Anna helped our Houston alumni association very much during those years. Out of the campus, I walked through a familiar street, Long Chuang, where the Old beef noodle stands were. The street is still full of people. I went to visit another Old classmate Yuehli. I chat with her husband Master Koo who was a teacher at our Elementary school. After a dinner with them, she took me back to the East Hoping Road and was very surprised that I still swallowed a whole plate of stinky beancurd.

No comments: