Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Budgetary travel free style/Charles Chuang

Budgetary travel free style/Charles Chuang Almost every friend asks me why not bring my wife to travel with me? My simple answer is that Amy doesn’t like the way which I travel around, a kind of budgetary travel free style, very economy way. She prefers a complete arrangement including hotels, transportation, and eatery etc. She also likes to travel in a warmer climate and cannot be too tiresome. On the contrary, I like to travel to my favorite places again and again and I don’t pay very much attention on those of her concern. I believe that a man should not emphasize those concern in order to discuss travel, this is what Confucius says. I tried to check in a larger luggage at Houston Airport, my understanding is That there is one free check in luggage for the oversea travel; however, I did have a stopover at Honolulu. Hawaii is domestic, the clerk of American Airline would charge me $50 fee. I disagreed and attempted to appeal. He Asked me to step back to a line and waiting. I began to open the luggage in order to rearrange and send one luggage directly to Taipei which should be counted as oversea and other nation. An American Airline supervisor saw the situation was not good looking and asking me to close that luggage and come forward to check in for free. Upon arriving at Honolulu, Hawaii, I had had two trunks and a tennis racket to move around. It was very difficult and I was not embarrassed. I used a free cart to move to a bus stop and the bus driver won’t allow me get on because one trunk was too large. I did get on to Houston Metro Bus without any pro- blem. I had to resolve the transportation issue, I called Michelle, my daughter, in Miami, Florida. She found a rental car for $26 a day tax included. I walked toward the rental car counter to chat with two lady travelers. Both of them attempted to find a vehicle and yet there was no sign of employee at the office. Sherry Buck told me that they had already resolved the problem and were going to take a shuttle to their Waikiki hotels, the rate was $12. She called the shuttle bus office and found out my rate to the University of Hawaii area was $16. She was from Ft. Worth, TX, and several days later when she came back to Oahu Island from Kauai Island, I treated her to Marukame Restaurant for a curry udon noodle. She was the one encouraging me to write my journal in English in order to let her read. There was at least two issue to move my luggage from Taoyuan Airport to my rental place. The bus driver did not wait until I move my second trunk out of the bus and took off, fortunately, there was a young lady helping me track him done and also helping to get it back. I’ll have a special piece to report this incident. At the final subway station, I was stuck at the elevator and difficult to move around, there was a Chinese pretty lady came to help. She was from Chin Dao city, Santong, who had been working in Taiwan for 12 years. I used to serve in the Army division came from Santong area. It was very closed to this part of Chinese people. We had ha pleasant conversation and two days before I took Off, we met again for a coffee and I wished her well in Taiwan.

No comments: