Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Coming home/ Charles Chuang

Coming home/ Charles Chuang After 40 days out of travelling, I felt homesickness, I was anxious going home. Staying at the dormitory type of hostel, I was wondering around, I had packed all my luggage. The shuttle bus came to pick me up in the early morning to the Honolulu Airport where I had had a two hours waiting; Upon arriving at Los Angeles Airport another four hours waiting for transferring plane to Houston Intercontinental Airport where I had to wait another five hours for Arthur to Pick me up for home. Now a day, I have plenty of time to wait and I have no Complaint. It is very unusual for me to have such opportunity to go away from home, to visit so many places, to meet many new friends, to visit many old friends, to have my fake teeth installed, to play three weeks tennis, to read two text books, to take more than one thousand photos. Actually, on the fourth of last month, I took an early evening city bus to down- town Houston to be transferred to the Airport, that was 12 hours earlier than the scheduled airplane taking off. Airport is very pretty and clean, I read books and take nap with some other travelers as company to wait for the check in. Time fly, the counter opens for business two and half hours before the sched- uled take off. I check in one larger luggage to Hawaii; one week later, I went to HNL five hours early, to check in a luggage to Taoyuan Airport. I always like to wait for the airplane and not the other around. While at HNL to arrange the transportation, I ran into a younger lady with a good deed to help me to take the same shuttle to my hostel nearby the University of Hawaii Monoa campus. She is from Ft.Worth, Texas. Several days later, she came back from Kauai island and we had a nice dinner at Marukame Restaurant on Kuhio Avenue. Sherry encourages me write my Blog in English and promises to read it. At Waikiki tennis courts, I also ran Into a nice lady, a television producer from Santa Fe, New Mexico, and her Boyfriend, both of them had been in Houston and Austin. Diane tried to Help me to get a cheaper shuttle without success. I also ran into two Chinese ladies both in Taiwan and on the plane back to Houston. I’ll describe the conversation with them later on my blog. In Taipei, I quickly arranged in time to have my in and out denture installed. While waiting, I had managed to have many activities which included a visit To a beautiful library at Chusan, Nantou; fly to Kinmen, the old frontier, to Visit the village where I spent two years in the Army; Visit the #2 nuclear Power palnt, Ginsan oldtown, a friend’s villa on the hilltop facing north Taiwan shoreline; several dinners with old friends and a 96 years birth- Day party at Little Ginmen; visit Sanxia where my father’s hometown.

No comments: