Saturday, October 26, 2019

Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine 2019/Carlos Pueblo

It's very interesting that the cruise select Bar Harbor for a visit. The town is beautiful yet very small in population and located on the northeast of Portland, Maine on the middle of the Maine coastal line. I have read some of the historical background of the State and I think that they have had French ancestors, like the name of Maine and Acadia, etc. yet it is more than that. The entire New England, New France, and New Scotland, Quebec and Nova Scotia today, are all together during that era of the great European immigration. We moored out side on the bay and took tender service to reach shore.

I made a very quick survey of the downtown, just one main street surrounded by the residential area on both side, then joined some of my fellow passengers to march on a pedestrian path along the coast. There is a lovely white color inn by the seaside with lovely garden with spring flowers blooming, two of them are my favorite, roses and dahlias. The inn provides a gazebo and many benches for guests to sit down and view the beautiful bay. There
are sails, big classic and modern yacht, waiting on the piers for business. A swimming pool with running water down is between the main building of the inn and some apartment style of buildings with a big parking ground attached. I believe that is for the driving tourists from outside of the world.

I entered the walking path with my cameras ready to work. There are many lobsters traps floating on the sea surface. Lobster business is another main source of income for the local. I noticed the wild roses on inside of the walking path. They are not as pretty as the current hybrid roses as we have seen in those rose gardens, smaller petals and large hips. Some European use the hip to mix with the liquor or make drinking tea of it. After an apple tree with many green apples, there is a mansion on the right with the front facing to the sea and several bench seats arrangement. It is all very peaceful and lovely. We can't reach to the villas belonged to the Rockefellers' or Martha Steward's Island or some other significant villas
by a detour dead end. Right before the turn on the corner, there is a nice two story house with a beautiful garden in the front yard with two of my favorite flowers and I have had many shots collected for my own memory.

I was walking to the residential subdivision with tall trees for the commoners. Not far of walk, there is a hospital before hitting the main street. I believe that the hospital is major for the senior care facility. I went into a park to watch two pairs playing a kind of tennis. They explained to me the name and how it was worked. This is a large park with a public toilet set up. An old lady with a small dog chatted with me to introduce the town to me. I asked many questions about what and how the residents earned their living. It is mainly tourism and lobster fishing. I was lost on the way back from the park; however, it was not difficult to find my way out because of the small size of the town.

No comments: