Saturday, October 12, 2019

Embark in NYC 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Embark in NYC 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Yong, my Staten Island host, took me to St. George Station to board on the ferry across the straight to South Ferry at the southern tip of Manhattan. On previous day, he pointed an elevator to me for No 1 subway to the 50th Street where I began my 4 blocks march to the cruise terminal, Pier 31 on the Hudson River. I am confident because that I have done it several times and it is the most economic way that I also get my daily dose of exercises.

The 50th St Station is on the intersection of the 8th Avenue; therefore, I must walk pass 4 avenues toward West to the 12th Avenue. The pier is on the 12th Ave at that area of streets. I was early when I made it to the terminal. I ran into Imelda, my favorite adopted daughter in the waiting hall while she came out to help a customer. She was very surprised to see me again and asked why I didn't inform her. Actually, it was not quite a last minute deal and I didn't know why I didn't e-mail her and Clarita, another Maitre D'hotel daughter on board. I am very happy to cruise on this particular ship, this 20 day back to back trips are my No 5th and 6th time with them and I have adopted more daughters from this ship. Making a cruise trip with the cruise liner is like coming home. I enjoy very much of their friendly and kindness services during the trip and remember the friendship thereafter.

I intentionally wait till getting on the ship to have my brunch, a late breakfast and early lunch. From now on, I am free of my worry of arrangement on room , board, and transportation, etc. I expectation of a cruise trip is very minimum, the ship would take me to places which I have or have not been and I just march to every city center or harbor walk to get my feeling of outside world of Houston, Texas. I have had some blog readers waiting to see my articles on my trips almost everywhere.

I checked in to my room and took a long nap after 4 nights lengthy talk with Yong until a wake up announcement of a regular fire drill before the ship's sailing off, a Governmental requirement.

No comments: