Thursday, October 24, 2019

Disembark at Vancouver, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Disembark at Vancouver, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Two weeks Alaska back to back cruise vacation came to an end, we disembark at Vancouver, Canada early in the morning after a day and night through the inside passage or Seymour Narrows of the Canadian Coast. I made my two visits to the beautiful city on that day before my return home to Houston, Texas. I went to visit again at the Queen Elizabeth Rose Garden and the Chinatown at Richmond.

Roses were still at their peak blooming after two weeks. I took photos a lot after a lot along with poppy flowers of many colors. I admire the city gardeners for their arrangement of flowers on the garden to make it so lovely. It is one of my favorite roses gardens around the world. My visit also extended to the neighbor golf course facility with beautiful flowers as well. The local climate and moisture are the main reason for such lovely flowers. I have been also informed that another lovely cherry blossom is also in the same area in late march every year. I need to figure out how I can arrange a visit to cover both lovely scenery.

Back to the light rail station, I was still covered by a daily pass for the Vancouver Metro on both of the bus and the light rail. It is still not that complicate to figure out the public transportation. Richmond is a new city with many Chinese immigrants. I have been here on my previous visits. It is different from the old established Chinatown at downtown area. Usually, I would get a bowl of noodle for lunch or dinner and some sweet crispy cover red bean cakes for my desserts. I got off at a wrong station and couldn't find the restaurant in my memory; therefore, I had a Sushi and Sashimi lunch box instead.

I ran into a fellow passenger and also a Texan. He remembers my cowboy hat. I thought that I had a long flight, 4 hours from Vancouver to Houston and another two hours plus on buses to get home.  He needed to take the same flight to Houston, transfer to San Antonio,
and take a long distance bus to the Mexican border city of Laredo, Texas. It was all for the lovely trip in Alaska to stay away from the cruel summer heat way of Texas.

No comments: