Sunday, October 13, 2019

Roses at Queen Mary's Garden in London Regent's Park 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Roses at Queen Mary's Garden in London Regent's Park 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Queen Mary's Rose Garden was the main reason why I changed my schedule to Leeds and came back to London to see the early spring roses blossom in 2019. I did run into the late summer roses at the Garden in 2018 and I was anxious to see the first bloom of this year and I would be very confident that the canals would be there of my next visit to England. I am very determined to see it all due to my first impression of the Garden in March one year and in April of another year while too early to wait. I believe that name of this Garden is in honor of the first Queen Mary, a daughter of King Henry VIII who has something to do with the Hyde and the Kensington Parks, and a sister called Queen Elizabeth I. Her grandfather, Henry VII was the first benefactor of the 30 years Roses War, the Tudor House.

After one week, the turnip garden was still at the peak. The Royal Gardeners planned different colors of flowers on each individual lot with very nice landscape, fountains, stands, and benches to sit, etc. I was anxious to enter the rose garden. First, I pass a small bridge across the Regent's Lake to a divided paths, one to the campus of the  Royal Regent University on the right, and on the left to a huge grass field full of petite white dandelion flowers on the top of the green lawn like a thin cover of spring snow. There is a big bandstand for performance while people can sit on the lawn and enjoy the lake. In between this area and the Rose Garden, there is an oriental garden with Japanese design, small pagodas with a sit Buddha along a small bridge with a waterfall to a lovely pond with lily and golden carps, etc.

The early roses started by a pizza restaurant with full of blooming roses of different colors extended to a fence of a street. I was busy to take photos with my two prepared cameras for each individual flower. Due to the success of gardening, I find the Garden is expanding and I follow the route the main and original one on a higher ground. It is in a paradise. There is another entrance through a gate from the street and immediately to the big original garden with a sea of roses to welcome you. I did make plenty of pictures and I regret that I could not operate the cameras manually to make portrait or closed up.

I ran into a Filipina lady who took care of baby boy a week before and on my way back one day, I met her and the bay boy again on the lawn. I took them to visit the Garden again. She does visit the Garden quite often because that she loves roses as well. I helped her to watch the active boy while she took photos with her i-phone.

No comments: