Thursday, October 17, 2019

Diabetes/Carlos Pueblo

Diabetes/Carlos Pueblo

Yesterday Dr. Broussard, my family physician, informed me to double my daily dose of diabetes medicine due to blood sugar level. I know the reason why it is out of control, over eating. I, therefore, decide to manage my diet, double my morning walk distance, and play additional game after Saturday tennis match.

Before Medicare age, I used to on vegetarian diet to control my body weight. The theory is to reduce the body fat to jam the lock of my body cell to receive blood sugar. It is a theory that I believe to help improving the insulin amount needed instead of increase the insulin generation by drugs or insulin injection. I am in the brink of insulin injection if the condition is not improved.

Be careful to my diet can help me to reduce weight that I do have a successful experience. I may not be for all the way of no dairy products and meat, etc. I can really make a difference to eat less, no meat but fish occasionally, and avoid too much watermelon and pineapple. This is all from the idea and strategy of Dr. Barnard, the author of the Reverse Diabetes book which I have read long time before.

I think that I am out of a stress in my old age, yet I still have a desire to eat sweet. I make up an excuse to drink coca cola before and after a tennis match because that I consider to recover some sugar in my blood steam after a heavy exercises. It is because of that in my mind, I have avoid the shaking of by body due to lack of sugar or miss my volley and overhead during the game. I still have shivering once in a while even in bed with warm blanket during summer.

I must face the challenge of this chronic illness to enjoy my limited tenure of life.

No comments: